Due to the increasing number of new ways to travel, the Regional authority here in Andalucía so known as “Junta de Andalucía” has decided to regulate the properties that offer the service of tourist accommodation in order to establish minimum guarantees of quality and safety for the tourist equipment users.
This new regulation involved those properties that are rented in its whole and which are rented out for rooms, not including those renting for more than two months time, holidays without profit, properties in rural areas and real estates formed by three or more homes.
La Junta de Andalucía establishes a series of requirements to be met:
- Have occupational license.
- The rooms should have direct outside ventilation system or to courtyard and a darkening system windows
- Be furnished and equipped.
- Be provided with heating and cooling system..
- First aid kit.
- Provide tourist information of the area.
- Have complaints and claims forms available for customers in a visible place inside the house.
- Cleaning the house at the entrance and exit of customers.
- Beddings and furnishing of the house in general.
- Provide a phone number for any inquiry the tenants may have..
- To provide users with information and tools for the operation of appliances.
- Inform users of internal rules.
It also states that at the time of arrival documentation to the users should be given that at least contains the following: the name of the person or operator of the property , the alphanumeric code entered in the Register of Tourism of Andalusia, the number of people who will occupy the entry and departure, the total price of the room and contact phone number.
Registrations will take place in the Registro de Turismo de Andalucia (Registry of Tourism of Andalusia) being the deadline to register the property is at the beginning of May, and should include the cadastral references and the corresponding Licence of First Occupation..
As for sanctions for non-compliance, these are divided into minor, serious and very serious, which can amount to fines of up to 150,000 € for the most serious offenses.
Do not hesitate to contact our Spanish law firm in Marbella and our expert team of accountants and lawyers of Arcos & Lamers Asociados will be pleased to provide you with Spanish legal and Tax advise. We are at your disposal for any questions regarding Spanish taxes, corporate and legal issues.
Cecilio Sanchez Lawyer in Marbella
- Abogado en España, Abogados en Marbella, Asesoramiento Jurídico Costa del Sol, Despacho de abogados Español,