Steps to take into account at the time of the purchase of a property in Spain (buying guide):
1. Seek the property that suit with your dreams and economic conditions.
2. Consult with pertinent property agents and obtain advice on the property of your dreams.
2. Prior to make a downpayment, consult with your Lawyer who will advise on the legal status of the property and all the steps to be followed in the process of buying your home.
4. Duly advised by your lawyer in Spain, book your property with settlement of a deposit and signing a private contract.
5. Application for your Non-Residence Certificate and NIE document, for any action you make in Spain with financial implications.
Only paying the invoice of your suppliers in Spain is not enough! In order to avoid fiscal liabilities of your suppliers it is not enough to just ask for your invoice and pay the sum due. The fiscal advisors of our law firm in Marbella have the pleasure to inform you what is recorded in article 43.1.1f) of the General Tax Law in Spain.
1) The following persons or entities will be subsidiary liable of tax debts in Spain:
f) Persons or entities that contract or subcontract the execution of works or rendering of services related to their main economic activity, shall be liable of the Spanish tax obligations related to taxes that must be passed on or amounts that must be withheld of employees, professionals or businessmen, for that part that corresponds to the works or services object of the contract or subcontract.