Steps to take into account at the time of the purchase of a property in Spain (buying guide):
1. Seek the property that suit with your dreams and economic conditions.
2. Consult with pertinent property agents and obtain advice on the property of your dreams.
2. Prior to make a downpayment, consult with your Lawyer who will advise on the legal status of the property and all the steps to be followed in the process of buying your home.
4. Duly advised by your lawyer in Spain, book your property with settlement of a deposit and signing a private contract.
5. Application for your Non-Residence Certificate and NIE document, for any action you make in Spain with financial implications.
6. Having obtained your NIE certification, please sign up to the Spanish tax authorities and obtain your digital certificate, which will facilitate your actions with the Inland Revenue.
7. Open a bank account in Spain for future direct debits supplies on the purchased property.
8. Grant the Purchase Title Deed. Following the terms of the Private Contract or when agreed with the vendor, attend the Notary meeting to grant the Purchase Title Deed, where you become the owner of your dream home. At this stage, in the presence of the Spanish Notary, you pay the price of the sale and get the keys of your new home. But the process does not end here.
9. Once, granted the Purchase Title Deed, is time to settle the taxes and register the property at the Land Registry where the home is located.
10. Notify your Town Hall, that you are the new owner of the property for the purposes of settlement the Plusvalia tax.
11. Registration at the Cadastral Office.
12. Notification to Community of owners that you are the new owner of your home.
13. Contracting the different supplies on the property with direct debit on on your Spanish bank (electricity, water , telephone , gas , alarm,….)
14. Enjoy your new property in Spain and Congratulations!
The whole process indicated above, can be a nuisance for you. Arcos & Lamers Asociados will guide you in this process for the purchase of your home is really a dream. Avoid complications and contact professionals of this multilingual law firm in Spain now!.
- Lawyers Costa del Sol, Lawyers in Marbella, Property Lawyer in Marbella, Spanish law firm,